MS 180 C-BE: Gas Powered Chain Saw with 16" Bar
Item #: 510037
The MS 180 C-BE is a light, practical chain saw for use around the home or cottage. It features the Easy2Start™ system technology that will help you start your saw effortlessly. Other features include STIHL’s Quick Chain Adjuster that will allow you to tension your chain without any tools, the STIHL Quickstop® inertia chain brake and anti-vibration system for smooth operation. This saw is ideal for cutting firewood or felling small diameter trees.
- STIHL Easy2Start (E): A genuine advance in easy starting. STIHL Easy2Start (E) cuts the effort required to start the tool by half, while the starter cord can be pulled at just one third of the normal force. All it takes is 2 fingers and a gentle pull action.
- STIHL anti-vibration system: Precisely calculated buffer zones minimise the transfer of engine and saw chain vibrations to the front and rear handles. The chainsaw therefore runs noticeably smoother. This allows the user to save their strength and work longer.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- STIHL Ematic System: Compared to conventional bars without Ematic, the STIHL Ematic system reduces the consumption of chain lubricant by up to 50 %, depending on the type of wood and the cutting attachment used. This system comprises a STIHL Ematic or Ematic S guide bar, a STIHL Oilomatic saw chain and a variable-flow or reduced-flow oil pump. As a result, virtually every drop of chain lubricant is delivered to exactly the right spot.
- Single-lever master control: All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.